We are together even at a distance.
The health of our students is a priority that’s why we maintain the courses via videoconference.
The teacher is still there, accompanying the learning process.
About our distance courses, it is important to know that :
- The interaction with the teacher and colleagues is still there, only now it happens through the screen and from the comfort of your own space.
- Our videoconferencing courses encourage practice, stimulate interaction between participants, and allows a direct conversation with teachers and classmates.
- Classes are held on a fixed schedule with the simultaneous and direct to favor the learning of each member.
- All courses and workshops maintain a pedagogical structure that responds to the learning objectives according to each level.
- Support materials are shared and guided by the teacher.
- They are an ideal space to meet and live with people who share the same interest in learning.
- The courses are conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. The TEAMS system has been selected for being a platform that allows sharing materials, developing files and workbooks for shared management, carrying out joint activities, and archiving free-access pedagogical materials throughout the course session.
- (TEAMS free version is available online French: https://www.microsoft.com/fr-ca/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app
- Teams in English: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app).
There is a great effort on the part of the entire UNAM-Canada team to offer an excellent learning experience despite the circumstances. Therefore, we invite our students to find a quiet, comfortable study area that allows concentration and an active participation in class.
Note: Courses cannot and should not be recorded for subsequent playback.
What equipment is required to participate in the distance courses?
Whether it is a desktop, laptop, tablet, or cell phone, your work tool must meet certain specifications to facilitate your study.
- The equipment must have an integrated audio and microphone system.
- An internet speed of at least 30mbps is recommended in order to have a good reception of the information. And have an updated internet browser (Google, Firefox, Explorer)
These are the technical requirements necessary for a good videoconference class experience:
Hardware requirements for Teams on a Windows PC
- Computer and processor: Minimum 1.6 GHz (or higher) (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Memory Ram: 4.0 GB RAM
- Hard disk: 3.0 GB of available disk space
- Graphics hardware: Minimum of 128 MB graphics memory
- Operating system: Windows 7 or later. For the best experience, use the latest version of your operating system.
- Devices: Compatible microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device.
Hardware requirements for Teams on a Mac
- Processor: Minimum Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Memory:4.0 GB RAM
- Hard disk: 1.5 GB of available disk space
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
- Devises: microphone and speaker or headset with microphone.
Microsoft Teams Mobile System Requirements (Tablets)
- iOS: operating system version 10.0 or later.
- Android: operating system version 4.4 or later.