Get away from winter cold and come to sunny Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico. Improve your Spanish and learn more about Mexican culture.
Full immersion program in Historic Landmark CEPE-TAXCO.
SPANISH IMMERSION PROGRAM
January 4 to February 1, 2020
TOTAL COST = $ 2,030.00 CAD
Intensive course aimed at non-Spanish speakers in order to reinforce their verbal communicative practice of Spanish and experience a cultural immersion in the everyday Mexican life.
The course is structured in 3 levels of Spanish divided into 2 blocks: a) Spanish course and
b) complementary classes (conversation, history and Mexican culture).
a) Spanish as a foreign language:
- Beginner: 15 hours per week.
- Intermediate: 10 hours per week.
- Advanced: 5 hours per week.
b) Conversation and Mexican Culture:
- Beginner: 5 hours of conversation per week.
- Intermediate: 10 hours of Mexican culture per week.
- Advanced: 15 hours of Mexican culture per week.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Extramural activities and didactic excursions are included in places of historical, cultural, touristic and recreational interest to allow students to practice their Spanish conversation in authentic environments.
Extramural academic and cultural activities
- Visit to former Convent and 2 Ex haciendas
Cultural and recreational practices in Taxco
- Four Gastronomic cooking demonstrations (Casa Robin).
Guided tours outside of Taxco and the State of Guerrero
- Archaeological site of Malinalco and Tepozteco.
- Agave, milpa, nopal or avocado fields (to be confirmed).
- Mexico city and Museums of Xochimilco and Chapultepec.
Students can attend, without additional costs, any of the cultural, artistic and academic activities organized by the CEPE-Taxco school during the immersion program (concerts, theater plays, films, conferences, dance performances, etc.).
Registration requirements for the program
- Be over 18 years and hold a valid passport.
- Hold a proof of medical insurance (valid for the program period).
- Pay the registration fees to UNAM-Canada ($150 CAD).
- Pass an individual oral and written placement exam (only for non UNAM-Canada students). To schedule a placement test contact Dr. Irina Goundareva: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When registering at CEPE-Taxco:
- Show your passport;
- Give a copy of the FMM document and of the Migratory Form (for all foreign visitors) received and filled upon entering Mexico.
- Pay the rest of the fees: $1,880.00 CAD at CEPE-Taxco. UNAM-Canada students enrolled in CEPE taxco 2020 program receive a discount of $100 at registration.
Registration costs include:
- Reception at the International airport of the city of Mexico and round transfer Mexico city-Taxco-Mexico city.
- Welcome breakfast and Taxco guided tour.
- Credentials and teaching material.
- 20 hours a week of Spanish and complementary culture classes.
- extramural activities with transportation and meals.
- cultural and recreational practices.
- guided visits listed in the program (without meals).
Friday, November 29, 2018: Deadline to register at UNAM-Canada and make a down payment of $150 CAD.
Housing options for the 4 weeks stay
- Casa Robin (the students’ residence of UNAM Taxco): $ 625 CAD.
- Local hotel: average of $ 800 CAD.
- Independent stay (CEPE-Taxco offers several options) with families: average of $450 CAD.
If you have questions or require more information, please contact María Jesús Ventoso Mora by e-mail: email@example.com
 Does not include the flight Canada-Mexico-Canada, nor accommodation in Taxco (hotel, apartment or family accommodation).
 The program raises the student's level of Spanish, it does not match the courses at UNAM-Canada. The student will be able to take a placement exam upon returning to UNAM-Canada.
 The CEPE-Taxco supervises the quality and security of the accommodation places, however it cannot guarantee the service nor the coexistence with the families, with the exception of Casa Robin that is operated the CEPE-Taxco.
Check out our students' experience in Taxco January 2019