SPANISH IMMERSION PROGRAM IN TAXCO
Music, dance and Spanish: all to talk about Mexican music
Improve your Spanish, live and have fun to the rhythm of Mexican popular music!
Description Click here
Intensive in-person course aimed at non-Spanish speakers that combines Mexican culture and the Spanish language in a practical and theoretical way, without academic pretensions, more of an informative type, but with study support and a lot of enthusiasm, rhythm and fun. 
From November 26 to December 18, 2022, three weeks in Taxco and Mexico City.
Cost: $2350.00 
Pre-registration deadline: October 14, 2022 
Deposit: $150. (If the course is cancelled, your deposit is transferred to a Spanish or culture course at UNAM-Canada)
Limited places: 20 participants
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9 am to 1 pm. Extramural activities and educational excursions are included in places of historical, cultural, tourist and comfort interest for the student in order to stimulate conversation in Spanish in authentic environments.
Spanish for foreigners (basic, intermediate and advanced): 8 sessions = 12 hours.
Mexican popular music: 8 sessions = 12 hours
Dance workshops: 6 sessions = 12 hours
Cine-club: 4 sessions = 8 hours
Program enrollment requirements
- Be over 18 years of age
- Send to email@example.com a copy of a valid passport and a proof of medical insurance (valid for the period of study).
- Advance payment to UNAM-Canada.
- Take the placement exam (only for students who are not from UNAM-Canada). Individual (oral and written). Contact Irina Goundareva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When registering with CEPE-Taxco:
- Showing original passport and leave a copy of the document.
- Showing FMM immigration form (for all foreign visitors), received and filled out when entering Mexico.
- Pay the rest of the total cost: by credit card or bank transfer.
* CEPE Taxco 2020 students will receive a registration discount when enrolling in the program.
Program cost includes:
- Reception at the AICM (International airport in Mexico City) and round trip CDMX-Taxco-CDMX
- Welcome breakfast and a guided tour of Taxco
- Credential and course material
- Spanish classes, and music and dance workshops
- Extramural activities with transport and food.
- Cultural and recreational practices.
- Visits and experiences in emblematic places of the music scene : Museum of Mexican Music (Puebla), Plaza Garibaldi, Museum of Fine Arts, a city near Taxco, jazz club, UNAM-CU Campus and the Nezahualcoyotl Hall )
- Accommodations in CDMX during week 3
- Lodging (Options for the two weeks in Taxco) :
- Casa Robin residence of CEPE – Taxco, hotels, with families
- cost for two weeks is approximately CAD $300-500.
 The program raises the student's level of Spanish; but it does not correspond to the courses at UNAM-Canada. The student will be able to take a placement exam upon returning to UNAM-Canada.
 Does not include Canada-Mexico-Canada air transport, nor accommodation in Taxco (hotel, residence or family).
 Program to be confirmed one month before the start of the courses.
 CEPE-Taxco supervises the quality and safety of this accommodation, however, it does not guarantee the service of the houses or the coexistence with the families, with the exception of Casa Robin, which is operated by CEPE-Taxco itself.
Check out our students' experience in Taxco March 2021